When a loved one becomes unable to fully care for himself or herself, it can be a stressful and overwhelming experience for the whole family. Elder home care services offer workable solutions for every family and situation.
Is a Home Health Aide the Right Choice for Your Loved One?
The decision to seek in-home care for an elderly or aging loved one can be difficult. If your family is struggling with the decision, rest assured that you are not alone. Geriatric Care Management will take your unique situation into account and design an appropriate care plan for your loved one that also includes a support network for family.
Here are some of the most common reasons to consider home care services for seniors:
- They are undergoing treatment for an injury or illness that affects mobility and need home-based personal care assistance.
- A loved one is suffering from memory problems or advanced symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Your loved one lives far away from friends and family and needs dedicated assistance on a regular schedule.
- An individual needs help managing chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, or multiple sclerosis.
- The family needs help and support with navigating the process and reaching consensus on the best care options.
- A senior is showing signs of depression, loneliness, and isolation and needs companionship.
- It is no longer safe for an elderly person to drive or navigate public transportation alone.
- A family caregiver needs assistance or a break for self-care.
- You are having difficulty keeping track of your loved one’s health, medication needs and financial situation.
- You need assistance and support setting up hospice or end-of-life care for your loved one.
From everyday help and companionship around the home to medical assistance, Geriatric Care Management can find the right solution for your family. Peace of mind is just a phone call away.